It was a joint venture between Style Tails ("Design and Living for Pets"): http://www.styletails.com/ run by my amazing pal Sara White and the excellent restaurant Pips Dish near Covent Garden. They needed someone to capture their first ever Doggie Sunday: http://philipdundas.com/dogs-dinner/
I do like dogs but am more of a cat person so it was a bit intimidating being around 11 dogs (and their loving owners) in a very small space where food was being served. But we pulled it off and I think my pics on the Style Tails blog look pretty good:
Here are a few of my faves:
The full set is here: http://www.helenrosemier.com/styletails
Some things I learned:
- Take more pics of the owners with their dogs, especially close up
- Use the 70-200mm lens for less intrusive reportage shots
- Have doggie treats to hand!
- Don't drink wine until you have finished working
- Take some pics of the kitchen and more of the waiting staff handing over the food
- Get at least one useable pic of a doggie in the window
It was a fun day with lovely people and a good experience but I really don't think I am cut out to be a pet photographer....