Today was the first time I created something having obtained snippets of footage, this case with a view to creating a taste of Havana video and edited them together. I thought I should tackle this asap as I have been very nervous about using the iMovie software and that has felt like it could be a big barrier to my progression. It wasn't too bad and hopefully iMovie will suffice for the time being.
The video itself is rather boring and I can see a number of areas which could have been dramatically improved:
- Needs a lot more music as that is a constant feature of Cuba
- I should have filmed much more interesting things - I captured the feel of things with the old cars but there is so much else that could have been crammed in
- More people interacting with the camera and with each other
- People talking
- Could have included still images (Duckrabbit style)?
- The clips need to have a logical relationship with each other (journey through a day or links from people or views)
- I need to think more about pacing when I am choosing what to film to ensure I have a sufficient variety of footage
- I should have planned the whole project much more deliberately rather than just filming moments that appealed
All in all though, I am quite pleased to have been able to move this forward without any major dramas...
Onwards and upwards!